Friday, October 12, 2018

Today in 6A!

ENGLISH: Students wrote their Unit 3 Vocabulary and Chapter 7 Grammar test today. Based on student reactions, I think we have found our zone. I believe I am preparing a fair assessment and students are offered great opportunities to communicate what they know and to what degree.

RELIGION: Students write an open-book test for Session 6.

SOCIAL STUDIES: Taking a look again at our new Chapter on ancient Mesopotamia, students were instructed on Cornell notes, this time for a written text. While I am not imposing this as THE note taking strategy, I offer it to students as one of many possible strategies that will help them in the years to come to be better organized. Additionally, I explained the importance of developing a short-hand note taking style. There are ample opportunities for people to apply this skill in the real world as well as academia and I impress the serious importance of being able to take notes that make sense to each individual student. It takes time to get comfortable with any style and to each their own. Students were assigned questions 1-7 on page 70. If they did not finish it in class, it is homework.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today in 6A! Since the academics of our year have officially ended, this week will largely be about embracing our community in different w...