Monday, February 25, 2019

Today in 6A & 6B

ENGLISH: This week marks the start of another vocabulary week. We began Unit 12 iWords today, identifying associations for the given definitions. Students were also given a benchmark for where they should be with their Where the Red Fern Grows essay.

LITERATURE: This week students will be working exclusively on their Where The Red Fern Grows essays. After some light instruction on where students should be by this point, student made the most of their time together in class. For this phase of the writing process it is perfectly reasonable for students to share interpretations and ideas for themes that they share. However, beyond today this dynamic will not work as well. That said, students should take their 5 pieces of evidence and"unpack" them. This means that students should slow their brains down to answer some questions regarding WHY they interpret something a certain way. How is it that this evidence supports their theme? In what way? What are the relationships? How do you know? Answering these questions allows the writer to then establish an organization of their work that makes sense, either chronologically or logically. Students should then begin their first draft.

RELIGION: Today's conversation was about God's love for us, and how we can show that love towards others. I used an analogy that my dad used for me when I was a kid. When I was 8 we traveled to Australia for a year. Lived there. Went to school there. Made friends there. All this time I was an ambassador for my country and my family and my faith. I had to constantly ask myself, is how I am acting representative of my people? Similarly, we need to ask those same questions when we represent our faith. Do my actions show the world that I am following Jesus' example?

SOCIAL STUDIES: After our water assembly today we only had time to take up the homework from Wednesday of last week. With the remainder of class students were able to work on their cartouches from last week. This is the last period of tie students will get to work on these cartouches in school. I would like to have them for Monday, making them a tertiary priority to their writing assignments.

MATH ( 8:00 & 9:00) classes turned in their notebooks

SCIENCE pg 186 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today in 6A! Since the academics of our year have officially ended, this week will largely be about embracing our community in different w...